Friday, February 23, 2007

Rolex Yacht-Master Review

The Rolex Yacht-Master Reference 16622 is, from many perspectives, a unique and interesting Rolex. When I first saw the watch and tried it on in person, I wasn't impressed. It just didn't seem to grab me, so I never paid it too much attention for several years thereafter. It wasn't until this past year, when several of my online friends started getting the watch that I gave it a second look, and boy am I glad I did
The Yacht-Master is one of Rolex's newer models in their line up, and was first introduced in 1992. However, it wasn't until 1997 that Rolex debuted the Rolesium (Rolex's term for a stainless steel and platinum finish) Yacht-Master, reference 16622. It was the Rolesium configuration which really has caught the public's attention, and risen sharply in popularity. While not in short of supply as the stainless steel Daytona, it would appear that demand is greater than the current supply, and the margin seems to be growing every year.
The Yacht-Master was the first Oyster Professional series watch to feature the Rolex Maxi Dial - so named due to the enlarged markers and thicker hands as compared to the standard issue Oyster Professional watch dials. In this comparison photo, you can see the difference between the markers and hands on the Yacht-Master and on the Sea-Dweller:
The extra surface area on the markers and minute hand means more luminous material can be applied, making for a brighter glow. The Yacht-Master has the best low light visibility of any Rolex I've owned. I have no problem reading the time all the way through a movie at the theater - something I've never been able to do with my other Rolexes. It's widely speculated that Rolex will eventually implement the Maxi Dial on all of the Oyster Professional watches
from.http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/yachtmasterreview.html

No comments: